At School Choice Arizona, we exist to give parents educational choice. Through the tax credit program, we seek to make private education affordable for families of all kinds. Per the law, scholarships can only be awarded to children in grades K-12, attending qualified Arizona private schools.Please review our scholarship opportunities in the panels below.
At School Choice Arizona, we work primarily with the Corporate “Low-Income” scholarships. To qualify students must fall under one of the following categories (& be considered low income according to 185% of income level set by the Federal Reduced Lunch Guidelines *see household income guidelines below):
1. Switchers: Students who have switched from an Arizona public or charter school after having attended the public school for at least 90 days (or one full semester) in the prior school year.
2. Kindergartners: All Kindergarten students entering into an Arizona private school qualify. Pre-K students with a disability also qualify with an IEP or 504 plan.
3. Military: Students who are the dependents of a member of the US Armed Forces, stationed in Arizona pursuant to military orders.
4. Previous Scholarship: Students who have previously received a scholarship (in a prior year) from any of the scholarship programs (Corporate, Individual and/or Overflow/PLUS) and has continued on in the private school ever since the receipt of the award.
1. Disabled: Students who are identified as having a disability under Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act or by a school district, must provide a copy of either an IEP or 504 Plan issued by a AZ public school.
2. Displaced: Students who are (or have been) placed in foster care at any time before the student graduates high school.
Original Tax Credit
All children attending a qualified, Arizona private school can apply! Family income is considered, but not a limiting factor of this scholarship. Please see our partner school list to see if your school works with us.
Overflow/PLUS Tax Credit
Students who qualify for Individual scholarships may also qualify for Overflow/PLUS. If your student is a Switcher, a Kindergartner, a military dependent, or has received a previous Corporate or Overflow/PLUS scholarship in a prior year, please provide us with verification when filling out our scholarship application.
April 1st: New applications available for next year
May 15th: Application deadline for Low-Income Corporate award
Early to Mid-June: Low-Income Corporate Scholarships awards
September 30th: Application deadline for Fall Original and Overflow awards
2nd Week of November: Fall Original and Overflow Scholarship awards
March 31st: Application deadline for Spring Original and Overflow awards
4th Week of April: Spring Original and Overflow Scholarship awards
Year-Round: Disabled/Displaced Applications are considered as we have eligible applicants and available funds.